Thursday, March 1, 2012

What is my Calling?

They say everyone has a purpose. Everyone has something they were meant to do. But sometimes it isn't always clear. Sometimes you just don't know which path to take. And that would explain the way I'm feeling now. I believe there isn't one specific thing we were set out to do. One could have a number of callings. And those things could change as life goes on.
Right now,  it's nearing the end of my freshman year of college. My major is International Relations and German, I know that much. But I'm still unsure of what I'm going to do with it. But I think that's okay. I think it's okay not to know. Most college students don't. Some people in their 30's don't know what they want. But there is one thing that has always remained true. The unknown world has always fascinated me. I've always dreamed of going out and traveling the world. And this, I believe, is my purest calling. It may not happen soon, but I'll work hard to make it happen. But for the meantime, I know I have several talents that will get me where I need to be. And I can continue experimenting and improving them until I'm the best I can be. That's what motivates me.

0 comments: